Dr. Leonard Weiss, M.D.
Dr. Weiss’ psychiatric residency training was at Michael Reese Hospital of the University of Chicago. After graduation, he started the dual diagnosis group psychotherapy program at Michael Reese. He also taught geriatric psychiatry while a member of the faculty of Rush Medical School and was published in the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
Prior to this, Dr. Weiss did bench research in nutrition while an undergraduate at MIT, followed by a straight medical internship at Metropolitan Hospital of NY Medical College, an internal medicine residency at Ford Hospital of the University of Michigan, and a Nutrition Fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center of the University of Cornell and Columbia.
While in private practice, Dr. Weiss started the second largest outpatient aftercare program at St. Bernard’s Hospital in Chicago. He taught residents and medical students at Michael Reese Hospital and Chicago Osteopathic Hospital. In addition, from 1991 to 1999, Dr. Weiss did forensics work for the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation and Medical Disciplinary Board as well as the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- 30+ years of experience.
- B. S. in Mathematics from MIT (Cambridge, MA)
- M.D. from Wayne State University School of Medicine, (Detroit MI)
- Post-graduate training in Internal Medicine at Henry Ford Hospital of the University of Michigan (Detroit MI)
- Post-graduate training in Psychiatry at Michael Reese Hospital (Chicago, IL)
- Nutrition fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital (NY, NY)
- Board-Certified in each of the following specialties:
- Internal Medicine
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry